This weekend at the Gathering Church
I tend to write in list format. I'd like to think that means I'm young and relevant and maybe postmodern too, people seem to say that a lot, but I think it just means that I have a short attention span. Or I'm not good at metanarratives. It's probably a combination of the two, so when my dad asked me to write a short piece about what I'd be speaking on at the Gathering Church this weekend, I really felt like a list would express it best.
So here are a few things you can expect if you come see me, Jonathan Acuff, speak this weekend:
1. 3 lies that wreck our understanding of God.
2. A story about me getting caught shoplifting.
3. A story about a snake epidemic wrecking Florida.
4. Booty, God, booty.
5. Free buttons that say, "Booty, God, Booty."
6. How to execute a well timed "prayer shot block."
7. The meaning of DVS and what it means for you.
8. The problem with skee-ball
9. The four word gospel.
10. At least one reference to P90X, the Wu Tang Clan and 5 Hour Energy Drink.
11. The reality of who Jesus came for.
That kind of feels like a seven hour sermon when you write it out that way, but I promise it won't be.
I am deeply honored to speak with ya'll this weekend and can't wait to be a part of what God is doing there.
See you soon.